Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Summer Challenge Day 11 - Pink and Blue

Hi there!

I am so excited about this manicure! I have been admiring retro/vintage looks since I was a kid, but last year my friend Michele introduced me to some vintage hairstyling videos on YouTube and I fell in love. I've always wanted to learn how to create those beautiful and glamorous hairstyles so I immediately started pin curling and perfecting my victory rolls.

For the Pink and Blue manicure, I went with a vintage inspired look - stripes and roses. I came across this idea after watching several YouTube videos.



The base color is Bikini So Teeny by Essie which is a beautiful cornflower blue.


For the thumb and ring finger, I used a slightly darker blue polish and painted some wide stripes. Then I used a white striper brush straight down the middle of the blue stripes. With a dotting tool, I dipped it in some pink and white polish and made circled shapes for the roses. Then I used a toothpick to add green leaves to the design. I'm sure this is one design my grandmother would have loved. Her favorite flowers were roses.

Left hand
Right hand
 So that's it for today. Take care and have a beautiful day!

Shayleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...