Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Nails...It all started when...

I finished reading the Hunger Games trilogy earlier this year and soon found out that China Glaze was coming out with a collection of nail polish based on each of the districts within the book. I have never owned a China Glaze polish, but I was anxiously waiting for this collection so that I could wear District 12's Smoke and Ashes to the movie premiere. Before that, I never really wore nail polish because it would chip so easily on my flimsy nails.

Then one night I was watching Who Do You Think You Are? with Reba McIntire and I noticed her nails were painted black. This sparked an interest and grabbed some old black nail polish and started painting my nails as I finished watching the show. The next day I played around some more and added a sheer and glittery polish to it which made it look like a metallic gray and I realized you can achieve different looks by layering different polishes. So cool! Taking it one step further, I added some stripes and dots and created this look:
It was fun for my first try and I got a few compliments, but it wasn't perfect. I used a pencil eraser to dot the polish which left bits of the eraser on my nail. I've since learned that you can create your own dotting tool by pushing a sewing pin into the tip of a pencil eraser which creates a prettier dot.

So this was my first manicure in my nail art adventure.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, this is getting crazy--I also love that show. I'm an amateur family genealogist. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness!! How exciting! I started genealogy research last year from watching that show. Hmm...I haven't done it in a while either. Maybe I should work on it this summer :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...